2006/11/06

The interface


I believe that the computer/user interface is one of the main reason digital design has evolved so little in the last 20 years.

I have written about this here and here

Still, whenever I talk about interface, architects look at me sideways, as if thinking that I am not in the real world, not tuned to today's problems.

Once I talked to Graphisoft (ArchiCAD developers) about interface improvement, and they simply asked me "Will there be a market for that?".

That's a good question. How the hell should I know?

I believe, as designers, we should MAKE that market. We should demand a better interface from them, because clearly the mouse /keyboard is not adequate.

For those who think I am a dreamer, please see what these gentelmen are doing.

While you are at it, also take a peek at this.

No comments: